How to lose weight for the summer, I hear you ask. Well, as the spring is coming to an end, I guess you are already getting ready for the summer, aren’t you? You have your swimming trunks, you have booked vacation resort, and you have planned everything perfectly… Only to find out that you are a little overweight and that those swimming trunks don’t fit anymore.
What do you do? Don’t panic – here are few suggestions on how you can still lose weight for the summer and look great on the beach:
- Have at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. A lot of people just forget to drink water during the day; they only drink when they feel thirsty. That’s a mistake. Water helps your kidneys remove toxins, that way it allows liver to metabolize more fat.
- Decrease alcohol intake. Alcohol should be on your high restricted list of items if you’re serious about losing weight. Alcohol helps your body to store more fat and it slows down your metabolism.
- Desserts and ice creams are a big no-no. These “foods” are full of saturated fats and sugar, and they will only make you gain weight. Stay away from those as much as you can.
- Include low fat milk products in your diet. Examples of these products would be: skimmed milk, yogurt, cottage cheese and such. These all contain good proteins and they help suppress cravings for foods.
- Have many fruits & vegetables in your diet. They all contain the so called “good carbohydrates” that are moderate on fats and calories. Another thing – they are digested very slowly by your body. That’s why they will help you suppress your appetite and will make you feel full for longer periods of time.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for you. Omega 3 acids increase metabolism and your energy levels. What kind of fish is high in Omega 3 acids? Fish like Mackerels, Salmon, Sardines and Herrings are all high in Omega 3 fatty acids. These acids will prevent blood clothing; they regulate blood pressure and reduce risk of heart failure. That’s why they are good for weight loss as well.
- Have many smaller meals during a day. Yes, it’s much better to have 4, 5 or 6 smaller meals a day than to have 3 big meals a day. This will help your metabolism and will help you burn more fat.
- Eat food high in fiber. High fiber food is more fulfilling and it will suppress your appetite. High fiber food will take more time to be digested by your body and when it passes through your body it attaches to fats and proteins in your food and it will keep them from being digested. So, you should eat foods like: whole grains, apples, broccoli, beans, peas, lentils and other high-fiber food.
- Have certain spices in your diet. Ginger, mustard, cinnamon, pepper etc. all decrease food cravings and can be very helpful to your weight loss process.
- Don’t eat late at night. Don’t eat anything 2-3 hours prior to going to bed. You should allow some time for food to be digested before going to bed.
- If necessary use a weight loss supplement. They can be very helpful, especially if you want to lose weight fast. There are several good diet pills on the market with no side effects at all which can help you lose weight. By the way it is perfectly fine to use weight loss supplement and still implement above mentioned advices into your daily routine.