Causes of kidney stones can be attributed to diet and hereditary factors. This is the leading cause of stone formation in the kidneys and males over the age of 50 years old are more likely to get this kind of condition. Although genetics is one of the factors that can cause stone formation in the kidneys – it is the reaction to metabolic and chemical conditions that is more prevalent among stone sufferers.
Causes of kidney stones can also be due to the following:
1. Poor diet is not only the major cause of stones in the kidneys but a cause of other health conditions. The modern living these days has drastically changed the way people eat. They are more inclined to eat processed foods and excessive animal meat and fats which are unhealthy.
2. Dehydration can be one of the root causes of stones also. Insufficient intake of water will more likely increase the chance of mineral concentration in the urine and later on forming into stones.
3. Obesity is a health condition that may trigger other serious health illnesses and one of these is stones in the kidneys. Obesity and poor dietary habits will eventually cause a serious problem to one’s health.
4. Deficiency of magnesium and potassium can lead to stone formation as well.
5. A hereditary genetic disorder will more likely increase the chance of stone development because it has an inability to absorb the substances in the body. Although this is not preventable – proper diet and a healthy lifestyle can make the condition more manageable.
Causes of kidney stones can be attributed to a lot of underlying factors, however genetic disorders and an unhealthy diet are the main reasons that stones develop in the kidneys. Proper diet and a healthy lifestyle can make the condition more manageable too should you develop stones. A change in the way we live and eat in these modern times will not only reduce the risk of getting this condition but will also eliminate other illnesses that may have.