Losing weight may prove to be quite a challenging activity for most people, and sometimes adhering to a very strict diet and exercise routine could simple be too much to ask. Some weight loss activities can even end up being counter-productive because let’s face it – people get tired and stressed, and they, sooner or later, give up on losing weight.
The real key to authentic and sustainable weight loss has something to do with determining ways by which you can shed off weight in a fun, interesting and non-stressful manner. This means you have to be able to enjoy the process of losing weight so that it is not just the ultimate effect of slimming down that will make you happy. Ideally, you need to also find pleasure in doing the things that will help you lose weight so that you’d end up doing them even if it is not really your goal to weigh less.
Check out some of these non-stressful methods of trimming down:
1. Drink 8 to 12 glasses of water. Sure, you’ve heard that drinking lots of water is essential, especially in the hot summer days where people’s bodies get easily dehydrated. Yet water is really the most refreshing drink that will keep your skin looking young, smooth and even moisturized. If you make it a habit to drink water and replace all those juices full of carbohydrates and fat with this health elixir, then you are surely on your way to losing weight. Note that if you drink some water before your meals, you’ll easily feel full so that without even trying, you’ll end up eating less!
2. Engage yourself in sports. The difference between sports and exercise is that a sporting activity could be competitive and thus exciting. In addition, while exercising could be done alone, you mostly need other people to play with in order to engage in sports. This will make you more committed in the physical activity as there are other people that you will be playing with. Besides, who knows if you’ll later on discover that you’re actually athletic! Playing tennis, badminton, bowling, swimming and table tennis are some sports which you could fit in your schedule at least twice or thrice a week.
3. Walk. Walking could be quite a wonderful activity if you happen to walk with your pets in the park. Or perhaps you love to shop for bargains in the supermarket or specialty stores downtown? Then all you have to do is to walk your way through. Increase your window shopping time or make your walk with your pets more frequent in order to have some time for walking. Walking is a very good and flexible exercise. Determine the time of the day when you love to walk and make it a purposeful exercise.
4. Eat different kinds of fruit. Fruits are not only nutritious, they are delicious too. Packed with different kinds of vitamins, you’d forget about eating junk food and all those unnecessary snacks that add up to your weight if you make it a habit to eat fruits. Try to stock up bananas, apples, grapes, oranges, kiwis, strawberries, avocados and pomegranates.
5. Listen to lively music. When it comes to losing weight, movement is the key. Your body has a natural tendency to respond to lively music – be it in the form of swaying your hips or tapping your foot. You see, losing weight is not just about sweating it all out – it’s about the fat and the calories you burn. You won’t burn anything if you don’t move, that is why it’s important that you get moving.
6. Learn to dance. Whether it’s hip-hop, street dancing or ballroom dancing, learning how to dance is going to be a fun weight loss activity that will get you more involved with the art of body movement. It happens to be a social activity so you can get your friends to dance with you. Another option is to get yourself a dance instructor. This way you will get some formal dance lessons and really get into the rhythm as you improve your body form, posture and of course, your weight.
7. Get at least seven hours of sleep. Now you may be wondering, what does getting enough sleep have to do with losing weight? It is all about getting the proper nutrition and rest that your body needs as you engage yourself in physical activities that will later help you shed some pounds. By getting enough sleep, you will feel more capable of doing exercise or sports, and later on when you get into the habit, you will feel that your body will naturally look for such physical activities – even if you really do not intend to lose weight any more. What happens then is that you can maintain your ideal weight.
As you can see, losing weight does not have to be a painful and unbearable process that consists of diet pills and tiring workouts, expensive food and complicated calculations. There are ways by which you can lose weight and at the same time inspire fun and enjoyment into your life. Keep in mind that the most important thing about losing weight is consistency; methods which consist of ways that are difficult or stressful for you to do may enable you to lose weight fast, but once you stop following the regimen or routine, you will inevitably gain back your weight just as fast and may even grow bigger than before. This is why the best way to lose weight is to find non-stressful methods which you can easily remember and apply.
Effective and sustainable weight loss does not need to be stressful. Although taking diet pills and nutritional supplements may seem like the easy way out, there is nothing like natural and fun weight loss methods that which will help benefit your overall health. It is high time that you start feeling good about yourself – not just about how much weight you lose, but also how you lose your weight.