Hey gang! Do you know what goji berries are? If you’re like me, you’ve heard of them but really don’t know too much about them…until now.
Goji berries are native to Asia and have been cultivated for over 2,000 years. They are praised for having high levels of antioxidants and nutrients. Because of this, including goji berries in your diet can help boost your energy, improve your mood, stabilize your blood sugar, promote healthy skin and improve immune function, which can even help fight cancer.
Needless to say, the goji berry has appropriately been named a super fruit. And as part of my quest for a healthier life, I decided to make this delicious goji berry muesli. Added bonus: It’s super easy to make!
Try it out and let us know how you like it!
- 2 large apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1 cup(s) rolled oats, kamut, or spelt
- 3 tablespoon(s) flax seeds
- 1 1/4 cup(s) coconut water
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plain 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- Fresh berries, cinnamon, and chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
Using a box grater set over a large bowl, coarsely grate the apples, stopping when you reach the core. Add the rolled oats, flax seeds, coconut water, yogurt, goji berries, and mint to the bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover the muesli and refrigerate overnight.
Mix the honey and salt into the muesli and spoon into bowls. Garnish with berries, granola, and nuts and serve.